Thursday, February 28, 2013

Running More Tests With the "Official" Second Life Viewer -- It is Simply Fantastic for Photography



I reported here yesterday that due to an upgrade in my graphic card driver, or due to some other positive upgrade, I can finally use the "Official" Second Life viewer with my ATI card.  I was not able to before.

The Second Life viewer is quite simply the best I have used in six year.  I am beyond happy!   I want to share some more test results with you using the official viewer. I think they are spectacular.



My system is Windows 7 based, and I am running an Intel I7 "Sandy Bridge" Chipset. My graphics card is an ATI 5850, one of their best, and basically similar to the current 6850 model.   My system is more than adequate for Second Life.





I am sharing some unedited test photographs of Calas Galadhon I took last night using the official Second Life viewer. These photographs were taken on ultra at high range (I hardly have any lag), and are unedited.  What you see is what I downloaded to my drive as a JPEG.



 Note the following:

1. They have a very high resolution (1920 x 1005, my window size)

2. There is no tiling -- Exodus would turn ultra images of this size into 4 "tiles" that are not seamless

3. They are clear -- I used a floggy effect on the top 2 photographs, and sunset on the bottom 2. The water effect I selected was "glassy" in environmental editor.  Stability does not seem to be an issue.

Please try the latest official viewer if a third party viewer is giving you any problems.  You might be as pleased with the results as I am.

Addendum-  some additions I took this morning:

















1 comment:

  1. Wow, incredible photos! is not the viewer... u are a big artist!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not run negative comments, or publish inappropriate information, about any resident of Second Life.